Pyrroloquinoline quinine, also known as PQQ, is a redox co-factor and a compound found in most plants. It is classified as an essential micro-nutrient because of its usefulness to the body. It is found inside the cell and helps reduction reactions and oxidation.
Therefore it aids in energy production, mitochondrial health and defending the body against oxidative stress. It has shown to be helpful in many chronic conditions such as:
- Protect the brain against mercury and other toxins
- Protects mitochondria from decay and stimulates new mitochondria
- Protects you from Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases
- Reverses memory impairment
- Protects and prevents Congestive Heart Failure
- Very powerful anti-oxidant
- Stimulates energy in all cells
Therefore helps you have a healthier and stronger Brain, Heart, Nerve cells and gives you more energy, prevents cell damage, and slows aging of all cells.
The dose recommended in the lecture was 20 mg/ day and it works better when taken with 300 mg/ day of CoQ10.